AV and Other Presenter Information
Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptance to present at CHI! This is a general guide for Technical Program (Monday-Thursday) sessions. Please note that session dates and times are subject to change, so it is wise to arrange your travel to be at the conference from Monday to Thursday for all the timetabled sessions.
Standard Audio-Visual (A/V) Support
The conference will provide the following equipment to support your presentation:
- One (1) data projector, to display images from your computer to the screen in the room. Resolution will be maximum 1024x 768 pixels.
- One (1) audio connection into sound system for the presentation computer
- One (1) podium microphone
- Up to three (3) table microphones for panels, one per two presenters
- Wireless Internet access, provided for all attendees at the Convention Center
No computing equipment will be provided. All presenters must provide their own laptop, or arrange with their Session Chair(s) to upload files to another presenter's laptop. If you prefer, computers will be available for rent from a local vendor. Please contact email@example.com for rental details and prices.
Wireless Internet is available throughout the Center. Please check the password and access on site at the Speaker Ready Room prior to your presentation. If you must have Internet connection for your entire session, it is possible to add a hardwire connection to the room. Please note that these requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a justification of your request.
Note: Posters will have no A/V support. If your poster presentation requires A/V, please contact email@example.com to discuss rental options. Additional details on poster presentations will be posted separately as they become available.
What to Bring
In order to ensure that your presentation runs smoothly, do not forget to bring the following items with you to the conference:
- Power source (extra battery or power cord)
- Any cables and/or adapters that you use at home. If you are using a Macintosh computer, please remember to bring the conversion cable from DVI to VGA. These will not be provided.
- A backup of your presentation on CD-ROM or USB memory stick. If your presentation contains large embedded videos, it is always a good idea to bring a copy with the video as a separate file just in case.
- Sense of humor (just in case)
A common mistake made by presenters is trying to use too many different visual aids. We advise you to stick to one format (e.g., a PowerPoint presentation) unless absolutely necessary. Click here for additional presentation tips (link to presentation tips page).
At the Conference (OR, What Happens Once I Get there?)
We strongly suggest meeting with your Session Chair and co-presenters the day prior or morning of your session at the conference. Your Session Chair will contact you via email prior to the conference with more details.
Check your conference program to confirm your presentation location and time. You must arrive 20 minutes before your session starts to arrange your materials, test the A/V equipment, and learn the stage layout.
Speaker Ready Room
The Speaker Ready Room will be located in Meeting Room N, Lower Level, McEnery Convention Center.
Speakers may reserve a designated LCD projector in these rooms to help them prepare materials and rehearse for their presentations. Appointments will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis, and should be made onsite. Speaker ready room hours are: